But still optimistic. I am going to beat this!
And today, when my fever went above 38 again, I asked a nurse to check with the docs to see if they wanted to do another blood culture (previously they have taken 2 tubes of blood every time I went over 38, which sometimes happened a few times in one day). Today the doctor said, “no, I don’t want to take any more blood from that poor woman”.
See, they are looking after me!
Medical update. Still waiting for an official call by the infectious diseases department as to how long they think I will need to be in IV antibiotics. If it’s only a week or so, we will keep going with cannulas, but if it will be more than a few weeks they will want to try again for another PICC line. You can probably guess which way I would prefer!
Again, my sense of humor has mostly returned after a short holiday on Monday. Thanks for all your messages of support.
Here is a picture of my beautiful Inigo, sleeping without a care in the world at Grandmas house a few days ago. I am going to try to add in a few pics to break up the endless text and misery 🙂