= number of failed attempts to put a cannula in me since yesterdays drip blocked while I had a shower this morning. In the 10 minutes I was disconnected it blocked and could not be flushed, and it tissued again.
Four attempts later, we are still trying to contact the infectious diseases team to see what they want to do about the picc line, etc. Basically, they need to decide if I can go on oral antibiotics, or whether I really need more IVs.
Update: my team have decided to start oral antibiotics, as the ID team wont be available to review my case till Monday. I have decided that this is brilliant news, and I have decided to stop crying for a little while.