Meg said some very sweet things about the blog, and it came at just the right time. I’ve been having a few doubts about the worth of this blog because of some of the trickier ramifications in the real world.
And now I have to nominate seven of my favourites.
Longtime readers of this blog will know most of my faves, as I link to them from time to time. But recently I’ve been reading a few more parenting blogs, as I like to feel that I’m not the only crafty, queer friendly, left wing, vegetarian, cloth nappying, attachment parent in Granville.
OK, so I probably am the only one, but having some internet friends makes me feel better.
1. Joy of Socks – I love this blog, not just because she gave me Sundara Yarn, but also because she is smart, funny, the mother of a gorgeous kid, and also still managed to knit. (I thought I’d better start the list with a knitter, ease you into it).
2. Her Bad Mother. I started reading this blog after a friend pointed out this post. It made me squirm, and gasp a little. Being a mother is such a huge thing, and somehow we still have to be the other as well as the mother.
3. Eucalyptus Jandals. A mum, a writer, and a teacher. She makes me think, blogs about deep issues, and cares passionately about things.
4. Sarah’s Blog. I don’t get to see him very often, but I can keep up with Alex here.
5. It’s Not Easy Being Green. Imagine – cool people, in Granville! Well, actually a whole suburb away, but it’s pretty damn close 🙂
6. Suburban Safari. She doesn’t post nearly often enough, but she has twins, so I am not inclined to judge. She’s clever, and witty, and cool, and she lives too far away.
7. Fe… a Life. When I first met Fe, I thought she was far too beautiful, clever, and talented to ever want to have anything to do with me. But she did! Fe blogs about her gorgeous boys, her struggles with the black dog, life as a cancer survivor, and day to day battles with Australian Family Law and an evil ex.