In the Knitters Treat Exchange of course!
I couldn’t commit to the whole Secret Pal thing, but I found this thanks to Kate, a kind of SP lite…
1. What’s your favourite type of yarn?
A Soyslik/Cotton/Microfibre/Lycra blend. No, it doesn’t exist, but I can dream.
2. What’s your least favourite type of yarn?
Silk, Possum, and anything else that requires the death of the creature that produced the fibre. I’m not keen on angora bunny because of the conditions the poor wee bunnies have to live in, and I care very much about the quality of life of the creature that provides the yarn. Let’s talk about mulesing 😉
3. What’s the first thing you do when you visit a new yarn shop?
I find the brightest yarn and start fondling it, of course!
4. What other crafts do you do / would like to do?
I have my grandmothers spinning wheel, but am not an accomplished spinner. I have a few crochet hooks, but can’t follow a crochet pattern. I have a sewing machine, but I have no patience for process. I cook, when there is time, and I love my poor neglected garden.
5. What magazines do you currently subscribe to?
Interweave Knits, Yarn, and Yarn Forward.
6. Put this type of magazine in order of preference:
Knitting / Food / Garden / Crochet / Home / Other Craft / Fashion / Celebrity Gossip
7. What items do you like to knit / crochet?
I’m on a bit of a lace kick at the moment, but I want to do more garment knitting. I want to learn all I can about garment construction and design, because I have some things in my head that need to get out! I also have a growing collection of sock yarn that needs to become socks….
8. Are you allergic to anything?
I have pretty bad asthma, which is set off by strong chemical smells, dust, hard work ;), and many preservatives. Though I love perfume and scented candles etc, I have to be very careful.
9. What do you like to smell of?
I love citrus and vanilla – citrus for energy, and vanilla for comfort.
10. What’s your favourite way to relax?
Hanging in my home with the bunnies and my knitting, a sci fi series on DVD, and my hubby by my side. Knitting of course!
11. You’re stood in front of a Victorian style sweetshop, an Italian cafe, an old fashioned bakery and a dainty tea room. Where do you go first?
Italian cafe. No contest. I love savoury treats (I deeply regret having to give up anchovies when I gave up meat), and would much rather have bruschetta and a glass of red wine than ice cream and biscuits any day.
12. What do you come out with?
Um. Bruschetta and red wine? Arancini, salad with balsamic dressing, and maybe an espresso coffee with soy ice cream if I really need something sweet.
13. Where do you go next?
I’ll stay in the cafe.
14. Any other words of wisdom for your pal?
I like to think of myself as an ethical person, with limitations. I sometimes feel that people think I am a bully and impose my views on others, but that really isn’t the case (I hope!). I do like people to be educated about the choices that they make, but I certainly don’t expect everyone to agree with me! Difference is what makes the world an interesting place 🙂