Just got the Scarf Issue….. Underwhelmed….
Slow knitting weekend – someone made me go to a great party and stay up all saturday night, so I was a sad and sorry wastrel on sunday….
Good progress on the Binary Jumper, almost half way to the armpits, and I have cast on the sleeves for the cardi (again). This time I am attempting to knit both using the double circ method. I am sure I will be fine once I get a few rows done, but it was rather hairy on the train in to work this morning.
I received my square in the post from Thelma, so I better get busy and cast on a square for her for the Basis Exchange (Brothers and Sisters in Stitches – the idea is to knit 2 x 6 inch squares a month and send them to a different partner each month, at the end of the year you should have enough for a blanket).
….Actually, reasons I like knitting, but who is watching anyway ?
- It keeps my hands busy, and helps me to resist the urge to choke the living shit out of people that irritate me
- I’ve got something more tangible and permanent to waste my money on, instead of just drining it
- I always have pointy things handy
- I always have scissors handy
- You can’t smoke and knit, or eat and knit, so temptation is further from me
- I’ve always got something to do on the train
- I can make myself things I could never buy in the shops
- It freaks people out to see a young person practising such an arcane art
Sock progress has slowed to a crawl, I am almost up to the heel, and haven’t yet decided how to do it.
Still trying to decide what this will be, or if I will frog it again. I love the concept, and the execution, but I think it is a little too subtle for a bag. A scarf maybe, but I’ll need a shorter circ.
This is my first attempt at cabling, and I think I am addicted already. Perhaps an aran is in the works.
Here is a detail of the cable.
There is a mistake (10 points for the first person to spot it), but it should read from top to bottom L A R A
The first line was a bit puckered, but I am getting better, the top line is almost good.