I worked out the pattern for Thelma’s swatch last night, and cast on just before I fell asleep. I’ts a random height cable, with 4 repeats and a moss stitch border, simple, but quirky, and I hope, cute.
So, in the train this morning I started the pattern, then got up to a cable. Yup – I left home without a cable needle. A NORMAL person would have put it down and waited till she got home to her tools, but no, I went to the shop and bought some meat skewers so I could work on it at lunch time.
I am face to face with the depths of my addiction.
The Project Apollo Image Gallery
Wow. I have always been a bit of a space freak, now the original film from the Apollo 11 Mission has been re-scanned and posted to the web.
This is my new desktop picture
Nice, huh ?
I’ve started a square for Thelma’s Basis blankie, but it’s too small, so I’ll just make this a test swatch, and work out a groovy design for the real thing.
Mark has designed the front of the binary jumper – he has decided that front and back will both read 04.04.04
So I’ll be able to start knitting the front pattern tonight, and I may be able to steek by the weekend !
Derwent Howard – Magazine
Just got the Scarf Issue….. Underwhelmed….
Slow knitting weekend – someone made me go to a great party and stay up all saturday night, so I was a sad and sorry wastrel on sunday….
Good progress on the Binary Jumper, almost half way to the armpits, and I have cast on the sleeves for the cardi (again). This time I am attempting to knit both using the double circ method. I am sure I will be fine once I get a few rows done, but it was rather hairy on the train in to work this morning.
I received my square in the post from Thelma, so I better get busy and cast on a square for her for the Basis Exchange (Brothers and Sisters in Stitches – the idea is to knit 2 x 6 inch squares a month and send them to a different partner each month, at the end of the year you should have enough for a blanket).
….Actually, reasons I like knitting, but who is watching anyway ?
- It keeps my hands busy, and helps me to resist the urge to choke the living shit out of people that irritate me
- I’ve got something more tangible and permanent to waste my money on, instead of just drining it
- I always have pointy things handy
- I always have scissors handy
- You can’t smoke and knit, or eat and knit, so temptation is further from me
- I’ve always got something to do on the train
- I can make myself things I could never buy in the shops
- It freaks people out to see a young person practising such an arcane art