So. The infectious diseases team hold the strong opinion that I should be cut open and drained.
And the obstetrics team seem to think that cutting open a uterus that has been through what mine has been through is just asking for trouble. The obstetrics team also seems to understand that although I am not ready to make the decision about having more babies – I am also not ready to have that choice taken away from me.
So they have decided to change to a funky new antibiotic, increase the dose of another one, and just keep pumping me full of drugs until I start to feel better.
But I am expecting that won’t be any time soon. Today was a nasty shock. Again I went from perfectly fine, to very, very sick in about 30 minutes. Shaking and sweating and sobbing and hallucinating. After my fever had started to break, it was measured at 39.9. Finally, I think my doctor is realising that I am not getting better quickly. And no, I won’t be going home tomorrow.
So while I am loving the visitors (really really), not knowing when I am going to have one of these attacks is quite scary, and it’s not the sort of thing that is fun to watch, so I think it might be best to give me a call before you come.
As of right now, I am feeling fine – but for most of today I have been feeling extremely poorly. If I continue to feel as well as I do right now, party in my room tomorrow 😉